Friday, November 23, 2012

Escaping the crowds


This stream is un-named as far as I know, possibly a tributary to Avery-Billings Brook, I'm really not sure.  at it's widest spot (that i could find) it is only about 8ft wide. Most areas are only 4-5 ft wide, with parts even narrower. Part of a local land conservancy, many people do not fish it, possibly because they think it isn't allowed. Insider info: the founder of the local land trusts is a fly-fisherman! anyways, it doesn't look like it would hold much trout, at least thats what people would say if they haven't had 18" brownbows (haha Hank Patterson) break off light tippet here! I've personally lost many a fly here to browns that sun downstream thru 2ft wide mill channels. (at one time a few hundo years ago there was a mill on the brook) 
   Today was a skunk, I spooked Hank the brownbow and watched him jet upstream through areas as shallow as 2"! thats how I am so confident on his size... half his body is out of water as he ske-daddles! 

I was trying a new sz 20 white may parachute , flash tail/post antron/squirrel body

I'm having a harder than usual time switching to wets for the fall than usual. oh well, it's not always about the catch. {Although being half-cocked at 8AM yesterday pulling in sea-runs on 24's was fun!}    TL

No comments:

Post a Comment